Skip to main content

Featured

Nesting Grounds Café Review

Collaborative Nesting Grounds Café Review!


Hello and welcome to our first ever collaborative post!

  
    Valerie here to make you hungrier than you already are. If you and your family are looking for a new brunch place to eat at, please consider going to Nesting Grounds Café. All options on the menu sound delicious, the staff is friendly, and the environment is welcoming. 


    While Mirant and Shawn ordered eggs benedict, I ordered the Breakfast Sandwich. It came with 2 eggs with cheese and choice of  Applewood smoked bacon, sausage patties or Canadian bacon with a choice of bread. Naturally, being the bacon lover that I am, I ordered my sandwich with the Applewood smoked bacon on white bread. 


    Accompanying the sandwich there was a choice of  home fries, grits or seasonal fruit as a side. Having it been a while since I had had home fries, I added them to my plate without hesitation. And let me say, they were the best part of the meal! Seasoned to perfection, while being crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. 


    Overall, the meal was good. Nothing extraordinary, but it was still delicious. Being very picky with eggs, I am surprised I finished my sandwich. I prefer my eggs to be done at home as I can season them as much as I want. Most restaurants don't season the eggs, which makes me ambivalent to eat eggs outside of home. While the eggs at Nesting Grounds Café were not seasoned, making the sandwich a little bland. However, the cheese and the bacon did provide a rich flavor to the sandwich, which allowed me to overlook the lack of seasoning. If I were to rate it on a 10 point scale, I would give it a respectable 7. 


    I am definitely looking forward to eating at Nesting Grounds Café again and try other dishes in their menu!


Shawmba here...

    At Nesting Grounds Café I ordered the traditional eggs benedict, something I was excited to order as that is one of my favorite breakfast meals. If you do not know what an eggs benedict is, it is a breakfast entrée that consists of an English muffin with a type of meat (ham, salmon) and a poached egg on top with hollandaise sauce. It normally is served with fruit or hash browns. The eggs benedict was pretty good, but I found that the English muffin that it was served on was softer than expected, and could have had a little more bite to it. Overall I would give it a 7/10, but I am very willing to go back and try it again. The hash browns now, lemme tell you, some of the best I have had in a while. They get like an 8.7/10, they were perfectly seasoned and cooked, and they were generous with the amount they gave you. Overall I really liked my meal and they seem to be a great place to have breakfast and brunch.


Hello My Hungry Caterpillars!

    Mirant here to let you know the inside scoop on the newest "it" spot in Eastlake! The Nesting Grounds Café has presents themselves as a relaxed brunch spot. With dedicated menu's for both breakfast and lunch, The Café allows for plenty of options without stretching out the menu. Serving simple classics, you are guaranteed a delicious meal. Service is quick and the setting allows for indoor diner seating or outdoor veranda tables. 


    I personally ordered the Florentine Eggs Benedict, similar to the traditional eggs benedict but with a fresh twist. Atop an English muffin were fresh spring greens, ham, and a perfectly poached egg glazed with hollandaise sauce. It was not the best eggs benedict I've had, however the presentation was clean and simple, and all the ingredients tasted fresh and lively. The egg was poached well with a nice runny yolk that seemed to complement the ham and greens beautifully. I'd give it an 8/10 just on the benedict. Unlike my colleagues, I opted for grits over the hash browns or home fries. Grits, if you're unaware, is a popular southern porridge made from cornmeal. A true southern delight, grits are a treasure if made right. However the grits at Nesting Ground Café were not up to par, they were utterly bland and lacked imagination. I would hope they add some pepper or spice to the side to elevate the level.  The grits deserve no higher than a 4/10, edible but a rather stark contrast to the creativity of the benedict.

   

    Overall the dish gets 6.5/10 Mirant stars, but I must say the location and setting of the Café reads of more potential. I would love to go back and try out more dishes they have to offer, and those delicious sounding home fries!





9:50 PM

Comments

Popular Posts